April 28, 2008
My cousins were visiting and after seeing my previous work they wanted to make and create. We were suppose have a pig cake and a panda cake, but the Wii was a bit distracting.
April 12, 2008
If you know me, you know my absolute favorite flavor in the world is MINT. I get very excited when Starbucks has their peppermint syrup during the holidays. All the past few baking of mine have been for people and I made their preferred flavors. For once I’m making something for my own taste. If you plan on baking me some here’s the recipe from Cupcakefun.com with a little addition of cocoa powder.
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon mint extract, as desired
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and mint extracts to butter mixture.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating one minute.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating
They turned out pretty good. There wasn’t quite enough chocolate in it, so above I increased it. It’ll be topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and thin mint brings out the mint and chocolate flavor in the cupcake.
April 9, 2008
Last Saturday I baked up 24 cute little cupcakes in ice cream cones and invited over some girls to decorate them together. It was a splendid time, girl talk, and we bounced ideas off each other. I should throw cupcake decorating parties more often! I’ll bake you bring the icing and together we’ll decorate! Of course after I finished decorating I of course thought of other ideas, so now I want to bake more! It is my brother’s birthday this weekend maybe he’ll like some cupcakes or do I want to bake him the number 21? Here are pictures of the cute little cupcakes!
Straight out from the oven (I meant to have equal vanilla and chocolate oops)
Solo shot of the one for Andrew. Thanks to Steve for delivering it to Alameda!
Mine with the stars and Marlen’s with the melting cone